Face Painting Supplies: Essential face painting supplies for beginners
Learning how to face paint is a great skill that can be used to entertain many people on special occasions like birthday parties and school events.
Are you planning to partake in this hobby but don’t know what things you need? If yes, then you’ve come to the right place! Here at Face Painting Supplies, we will provide you with some essentials that you need in order to kickstart your face painting journey. Read to know more about it below.
One of the things you need to have before starting this hobby is face paints. Face paints come in three basic styles such as:
- Matte or Regular Colors: by using this, you will be able to use bold textures which can result in a very matte finish or a glossy finish.
- Pearl or Metallic Colors: these types of paints have a shimmery or metal-like effect and are used if you want to add some shine to your design.
- UV or Neon Colors: these paints include vivid colours that look like they glow under daylight and will glow under a black light. These types of p[iantr are great for special effects like a fairy or superhero.
For those people who are just starting out, the colours you should purchase include:
Face painting brushes
Whenever you want to paint a specific design, it is important that you have the proper brush you can use. Some of the most essential brushes you need include (pointy round brushes) and split cakes (flat brushes):
- Round Brushes: these brushes have a skinny and pointy exterior. This is perfect to use for detailed designs. Moreover, you can also create outlines to give shape to a design that you want.
- Flat Brushes: these brushes have a flat and rectangular exterior. This is a great option for laying out a base for the design that you are about to make. It also allows you to paint more skin faster than with a round brush.
Face Painting Sponges
Once you have laid down a base colour using a flat brush, you now need to use face painting sponges to add finishing touches to your design. Sponges come in different shapes such as:
- Half Circle Sponges: these sponges are versatile sponges that are popularly used for lying down a base, creating sharp edges and blending colours smoothly.
- Full Circle Sponges: these sponges are a great option to use for body painting due to their wide structure.
- Teardrop or Petal Sponges: these sponges are perfect for creating butterfly wings.
For more information, don’t hesitate to visit our website at facepaintingsupplies.ca!